Cx-Titan (Polished base plate)
An aerospace inspired Cx razor, made with USA titanium and carbon fiber. This is the lightest Cx we have made to date at 38 grams.
We chose these materials because carbon fiber has one of the highest strength-to-density ratio of any current fiber and titanium and its alloys have the highest strength-to-density ratio of any current metal, these characteristics make it very strong, light and hard. If it is the best choice of material for the Apache helicopter than it is good enough for the Cx-Titan.
- Material: USA sourced Titanium(6AL 4V) and USA Carbon Fiber
- All Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic in Packaging
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~34 grams total weight
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~90 mm handle length (3.5 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- Hand sanded and polished base plate
- The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. The pieces are bonded together using a specially designed epoxy.
- "Perlage" pattern under the cap, these are the patterns found inside fine crafted watches. We apply this pattern manually not by a mill.
- Hand sanded prior to polishing
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
Original Base Plate - This is our current design configuration. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure and increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days, as the larger gap allows for this. Early feedback has been positive for those that prefer less blade exposure, but enjoy the efficiency of a larger gap.
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.