Cx-Apex II - Stainless Damascus, 316L Stainless steel and Carbon Fiber
Carbon Shaving Co. is proud to offer the Cx-Apex II. Every Damascus cap is unique, like a fingerprint, no two are alike. We pair a stainless steel Damascus cap(grades 304 & 316 stainless steel) with a 316L base plate, the handle is made from locall sourced carbon fiber and 316L marine grade stainless steel.
Material: Stainless Steel Damascus cap (Grades 304/316), 316L stainless steel base plate and Carbon Fiber/316L handle. Collectors/Gift box included.
- The cap is individually etched, hand sanded and polished.
- High polished base plate
- Each piece is marked with its own unique serial number
- High Polish Finish/forge marks - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
- ~55 grams total weight
- Your choice of base plate, we will reach out to ask you which plate you would like prior to shipping, see further notes below of base plate options*
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- We recommend keeping your razor clean, remove blade, use a soft tooth brush with dish soap and water to gently clean your razor. Pad dry your razor thoroughly after with a paper towel. Air drying is also OK.
- Periodically we also recommend gently boiling your razor in water for 20 minutes, followed by a 10 minute soaking in alcohol to disinfect your razor.
*Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.