Cx - Eagle
Damascus steel and mokume-gane once ordained some of the best swords in the world. Its likely they never ordained the same tool until now...
"Mokume-gane" loosely translates to "wood grain metal" due to the wood grain it creates, it was originally developed in Japan to add ornate details to the Katana swords used by the samurai.
Our inspiration also came from the lost art of damascus steel used to make swords in the middle-east, renowned for their toughness and craftsmanship. The original damascus process was lost to time but some of the techniques have been used to forge the patterns once seen on these ancient swords.
Both patterns are reminiscent of moving water, wood grain and the movement of smoke. All of this made in the USA...
Both our mokume and damascus was expertly forged to create custom billets by master blacksmiths in the USA. We then carefully machined and finished each component to create the Cx-Eagle.
- Handle Material: The handle is made from USA sourced carbon fiber and marine grade stainless steel(Grade: 316L). The carbon fiber has 4 layers of marine grade epoxy and is hand sanded between each layer. The stainless steel and carbon fiber is bonded together using a specially designed epoxy. The threads are 10-32 UNF
- Cap Material: Copper/Brass Mokume-gane
- Base plate material: Stainless steel damascus(304/316)
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Forged, Machined and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- The cap has a heat patina (The patina is not permanent and will change and evolve, it can be easily removed and polished to a high polish)
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
*The heat patina will change, do not store razor blades in razor. Use a gentle dish soap to clean your razor. Dry the razor after each use. Polishing will remove the patina.
66 grams total weight
~.68 mm blade gap (Medium/Aggressive)
Positive blade exposure
92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)