Cx - Katana
Each piece is truly unique. The base plate is made from a copper and brass mokume-gane. "Mokume-gane" loosely translates to "wood grain metal" due to the wood grain appearance it creates in the metal, it was originally developed in Japan to add ornate details to the Katana swords used by the samurai, hence the name of this Cx. Our mokume was expertly forged to create custom billets by master blacksmiths in the USA. We then carefully machined each piece to create the Cx-Katana. We don't coat the metal with any wax but we did apply a heat patina to the base piece to highlight the contrasting colors of the brass and copper. The material will naturally patina with time...
- The top cap is marine grade stainless steel (316L)
- The base plate is a custom forged/machined mokume-gane (copper and brass)
- The handle is made with 316L stainless steel and USA made carbon fiber.
- The top cap is polished to a high polish finish
- The mokume-gane base plate is individually hand sanded and then heated to create the high contrast patina.(The patina is not permanent and will change and evolve, the patina can be removed and polished to a high shine)
- The handle is made from USA sourced carbon fiber and marine grade stainless steel(Grade: 316L). The carbon fiber has 4 layers of marine grade epoxy and is hand sanded between each layer. The stainless steel and carbon fiber is bonded together using a specially designed epoxy.
- Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*The heat patina will change, do not store razor blades in razor. Use a gentle dish soap to clean your razor. Dry the razor after each use. Polishing will remove patina.
68 grams total weight
.68 mm blade gap (Medium/Aggressive)
Positive blade exposure
92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)