Each piece is truly unique. The cap is made from a copper and brass mokume-gane. "Mokume-gane" loosely translates to "wood grain metal" due to the wood grain appearance it creates in the metal, it was originally developed in Japan to add ornate details to the Katana swords used by the samurai. Our mokume was expertly forged to create custom billets by master blacksmiths in the USA. We then carefully machined each piece to create the Cx-Mokume/Cap. We don't coat the metal with any wax. These pieces were "patina'd" using an open flame, we stopped the process just as the colors developed on the mokume. The material will naturally patina with time...
- The cap is a custom forged/machined mokume-gane (copper and brass)
- The base plate is 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- The handle is also a marine grade stainless steel (316L)
- The top cap is hand sanded and an open flame patina added.
- The base plate is also individually sanded and finished to a high polish
- The handle is a high polish finish
- Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*The heat patina will change, do not store razor blades in razor. Use a gentle dish soap to clean your razor. Dry the razor after each use. Polishing of the cap will remove patina.
~92 grams total weight
~.68 mm blade gap (Medium/Aggressive)
Positive blade exposure
92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)