The Romans were the first to use brass on a wide scale, although the Greeks were aware of its existence. It was often used in coins, ornamental helmets and in armor. Brass is a copper alloy...
Brass has been used on ships likely since 500 BC, however it was common place on ships by the 1700s. Brass was used in small canons during Nelson's years, a feared weapon due to its accuracy. Covering the hulls of navy ships with brass was done to protect the the hull and give an edge in battle by allowing a ship to sail faster. Initially it was copper sheathing that was used but by 1850 it was a British inventor, George Muntz who pioneered a special brass alloy for sheathing.
As a tribute to the early sailors, each of our Cx-Brass safety razors is named after a naval ship.
- Material: Brass(Grade 360/260) Safety Razor
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic Packaging
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~92 grams
- Handle: 3.6 inches (92mm)
- Helix grip pattern on the handle
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
- We do not seal or coat our brass. THIS MATERIAL WILL PATINA AND EVOLVE OVER TIME! You can always polish to restore shine...use a very soft cloth(brass is a softer metal).
Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.