Reserved: Cx-Cu/R3 (Copper/Carbon Fiber)
In 1945 design was influenced by war...
Our Cx is based on the famous World War 2 Gillette "Tech" that were used by the troops on the front line, we believe this was the pinnacle of the classic safety razor. We refined the design from there to include shave plate options based on your shave preferences, larger lather holes, improved finish and unique materials.
We have updated our copper Cx to include our "Web" plate. This design allows us to use the minimal amount of material to achieve the strongest and lightest safety razor. The concept of "lightening holes" is a good example of a vintage design principle used to make structures lighter.
Instead of using serial numbers, we named this small run of copper Cx models after World War Two airplanes who used "Lightening holes" extensively....we will only make a limited amount of these.
- Material: Copper C110(99.9% copper) Safety Razor/Carbon Fiber
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~59.5 grams
- R3 Handle - Carbon Fiber/Copper
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
- We do not seal or coat our copper. THIS MATERIAL WILL PATINA AND EVOLVE OVER TIME! You can always polish to restore shine...use a very soft cloth(copper is a soft metal).
- R3 Handle - The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. Hand sanded and finished.
Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade feel. It has a .68mm blade gap with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with this exposure and gap configuration. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency. I would not recommend this one if you have sensitive skin. If you have course hair this could be a nice choice.
-/Mild Base Plate - If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap. If you have sensitive skin, straight hair, curly hair or shave everyday...this is a nice choice.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you have dense hair or only shave every 2-3 days...if you are unsure what base plate is right for you, this is probably the one. You still have a good amount of user control with the positive blade exposure to adjust the efficiency with technique and blade choice.
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have coarse hair, shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.