Reserved: Cx-Cubic - Stainless Damascus/DLC
Cx-Cubic: A Cubic structure is he diamond structure of carbon...
DLC stands for "Diamond-like Carbon", this umbrella of coatings share similar properties to diamonds including their hardness, slickness and durability. We chose a Chromium based "DLC" coating for our Damascus because of its jet black color. We applied the coating on our Damascus and then hand sanded the piece to reveal the striking contrast of polished metal with the carbon black coating. Revealing the forge of the material...
Similar DLC coatings are used to coat crankshafts in high performance NASCAR and F1 racing cars, thereby increasing horse power and reducing friction. They are also used extensively in the aerospace industry including re-entry vehicles and rocket boosters.
The DLC collection are one of a kind pieces. This piece, features our "web" base plate and is all Damascus stainless steel(forged grades 304 and 316).
Technically the term for this metal is "pattern-weld" as the true secret to the original "Damascus steel" was lost to time in the 1800's. Although modern metals are far superior to the early Damascus steel, this steel was ahead of its time. No one has been able to reproduce the original Damascus steel process but research tells us that carbon nanotubes are found in the original steel...likely from the addition of carbon during the forging process.
Each base plate, handle and top cap was individually etched, hand sanded and gently polished. The Damascus steel was custom forged in the USA.
- All stainless steel Damascus (Grades 304/316). Custom forged in the USA.
- DLC coating (Chromium based)
- The "Web" base plate, cap and handle are individually etched, hand sanded and polished.
- Each pattern is unique, no 2 are the same
- Hand sanded and polished handle
- High Polish Finish/forge marks - Some machine marks are visible under the cap.
- All Damascus Handle: ~87 grams total weight
- Positive blade exposure
- 92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- We recommend keeping your razor clean, remove blade, use a soft tooth brush with dish soap and water to gently clean your razor. Pad dry your razor thoroughly after with a paper towel. Air drying is also OK.
- Periodically we also recommend a sonic clean at your local jeweler, followed by a 10 minute soaking in alcohol to disinfect your razor.
Base Plates(We will reach out after purchase for your base plate option):
Some notes to help you pick your Base Plate:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.