Machined Titanium safety razor, made in USA.
The concept of "lightening holes" is a good example of a vintage design principle used to make designs lighter. This design has been used extensively in military, aerospace, marine and auto racing designs.
This "web" plate allows us to use the minimal amount of material to achieve the strongest and lightest base plate.
- Material: 100% USA sourced Titanium(6AL 4V) Safety Razor
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic in Packaging or Product
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~49 grams(1.7oz) with Titanium R2 Handle
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*Some notes to help you pick your Base Plate:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.