* Each of our Mokume Cx razors have a unique pattern. We update the photos when one is available so you can see the pattern.
Mokume-gane is a forge welded material developed in the 17th century in Japan. It was originally used to decorate the Katana swords of the samurai. The word translates to “wood grained metal” and was called such because of the unique pattern it creates with the different layers of material that look like wood grain. Unlike Damascus steel its secret was kept alive with Japanese artisans...we have named this Cx run after the samurai and the master metal workers of Japan who first developed the material.
- Material: Mokume-Gane(Copper and brass) Safety Razor
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Forged, Designed, Machined and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic Packaging
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- R2 Handle
- 96 grams with web plate
- Your choice of a base plate level, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- High Polish Finish/Heat patina - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
* The Mokume patina is not permanent, it will evolve, age and change color depending on your local conditions. We do not coat our Mokume...
*Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.