Machined 316L stainless steel safety razor, made in USA. We have updated our Cx to include our "Web" plate design. This design allows us to use the minimal amount of material to achieve the strongest and lightest base plate. The concept of "lightening holes" is a good example of a vintage design principle used to make structures lighter.
This design feature has been used extensively in military, aerospace, marine and auto racing.
- Material: 316L - Marine Grade Stainless Steel Safety Razor
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- R2 Handle - 316L Stainless Steel - Total razor weight ~88 grams
- R3 Handle - Carbon Fiber/316L Stainless Steel - Total razor weight ~52 grams
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below*
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- R3 Handle - The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. Hand sanded and finished.
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
-/Mild Base Plate - If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap. If you have sensitive skin, straight hair, curly hair or shave everyday...this is a nice choice.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you have dense hair or only shave every 2-3 days...if you are unsure what base plate is right for you, this is probably the one. You still have a good amount of user control with the positive blade exposure to adjust the efficiency with technique and blade choice.
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have coarse hair, shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.