Limited Edition: Cx-Crown (3 of 6)
The British Navy were the first to use graphite as a mold for their canon balls. This naturally found graphite powder from the UK allowed cannon balls to be made rounder and therefor shot further, one of the elements that contributed to the British Navy strength. Because of its strategic military value it was strictly controlled by the Crown...
This DLC coating is graphite (Carbon) based, it is a "TaC"(Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) surface finish. TaC is the hardest, strongest and slickest of the DLC platings and is considered the purest of the "Diamond-like Carbon" coatings because of its high carbon content. This surface is hard! We couldn't find anything harder or slicker.
The cap of this piece is forged in the USA from 2 grades of stainless steel, machined and acid etched to reveal the unique pattern. The web plate is machined from titanium, the handle is titanium and carbon fiber….all USA sourced material! We polish the surfaces to a high polish and apply a Diamond-like Carbon coating.
- Cap - Stainless steel damascus (Grade 304 and 316)
- Handle - Titanium and carbon fiber
Base Plate - Titanium
- USA sourced material
- ~36 grams(1.3oz) with Carbon Fiber/Titanium R3 Handle
- We will reach out for your base plate choice prior to shipping. Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- Optional stand weight: ~77 grams
- "TaC" (Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) DLC coating
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- R3 Handle - The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. The pieces are bonded together using a specially designed epoxy. Hand sanded and finished.
- High Polish Finish, fused with a DLC coating producing a matte grey rainbow finish - Some machine marks are visible.
- Some scratches exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*Some notes to help you pick your Base Plate:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.