Limited: Cx-Cu (Copper/Carbon Fiber)
In the world of design, carbon fiber is the basic of materials, seamlessly blending form and function. Its sleek, black weave exudes an air of sophistication and modernity, while its astonishing strength-to-weight ratio defies conventional limitations. Designers have harnessed its versatility to sculpt products that marry art and engineering, from military applications with aerodynamic grace to now safety razors that seems to defy gravity. Carbon fiber embodies the fusion of technology and aesthetics, a testament to the ever-evolving synergy between innovation and imagination in the realm of safety razor design.
Our Cx line is based on the famous World War 2 Gillette "Tech" that were used by the troops on the front line, we believe this was the pinnacle of the classic safety razor. We continue to refine the design with modern material and finishes...
We have updated our copper Cx to include a carbon fiber handle. This design allows us to use the minimal amount of material to achieve the strongest and lightest safety razor in copper. Carbon fiber has several inherent advantages: high stiffness, high tensile strength, high strength to weight ratio, high chemical resistance, high-temperature tolerance, and low thermal expansion.
Instead of using serial numbers, we continue to name this small run of copper Cx models after World War Two airplanes....we will only make a limited amount of these.
- Material: Copper C110(99.9% copper) Safety Razor and USA sourced carbon fiber
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic Packaging
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~59 grams
- Handle: 3.6 inches (92mm)
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
- The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. The pieces are bonded together using a custom, specially designed epoxy.
- We do not seal or coat our copper. THIS MATERIAL WILL PATINA AND EVOLVE OVER TIME! You can always polish to restore shine...use a very soft cloth(copper is a soft metal).
Base Plate Options:
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade feel. It has a .68mm blade gap with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with this exposure and gap configuration. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency. I would not recommend this one if you have sensitive skin. If you have course hair this could be a nice choice.
-/Mild Base Plate - If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap. If you have sensitive skin, straight hair, curly hair or shave everyday...this is a nice choice.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you have dense hair or only shave every 2-3 days...if you are unsure what base plate is right for you, this is probably the one. You still have a good amount of user control with the positive blade exposure to adjust the efficiency with technique and blade choice.
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have coarse hair, shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.