Cx-Graphite Base plate
The Cx-Graphite base plate will fit on all Cx models. This DLC coating is graphite (Carbon) based, it is a "TaC"(Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) surface finish. TaC is the hardest, strongest and slickest of the DLC platings and is considered the purest of the "Diamond-like Carbon" coatings because of its high carbon content. This surface is hard! We couldn't find anything harder or slicker.
Choose from 1 of 4 available Titanium(grade 5), DLC coated base plates. Based on customer feedback, we are excited to now offer some new options to customize your shave. We offer 4 options for you to choose from based on your shaving preference.
- Original Base Plate = .68 mm blade gap (Medium/Aggressive)
- -/Mild Base Plate = .71 mm blade gap (Mild)
+ Base Plate = .88mm blade gap
++ Base Plate = 1.08mm blade gap
- ~5.3 grams total weight
- All base plates have positive blade exposure
- High Polish Finish - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen on critical dimensions and when magnified.
Some notes to help you pick:
Original Base Plate - This is our current design configuration. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with its positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate(NEW) - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure and increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days, as the larger gap allows for this. Early feedback has been positive for those that prefer less blade exposure, but enjoy the efficiency of a larger gap.
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.