Machined Titanium safety razor with Diamond-like Carbon(DLC) coating, made in USA.
This DLC coating is graphite (Carbon) based, it is a "TaC"(Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) surface finish. TaC is the hardest, strongest and slickest of the DLC platings and is considered the purest of the "Diamond-like Carbon" coatings because of its high carbon content. This surface is hard! We couldn't find anything harder or slicker.
TaC DLC is slicker than mirror polished Titanium or 316L stainless steel...approaching that of Teflon, yet significantly more durable.
DLC coatings share similar properties to diamonds including their hardness, slickness and durability. The color of this DLC coating is a "grey rainbow"...this type of DLC TaC coating is used in Nascar/F1 engines, crankshafts, fuel injectors, drill bits and fine watches for the same reason...its HARDNESS, SLICKNESS and DURABILITY!!!
Our Titanium Web Plate has a unique design element to Carbon Shaving Co. The "Lightening holes" commonly used in high performance race car, aerospace, military and marine industry designs, optimizes the weight and strength of a design. The open matrix structure allows for the free flow of debris, soap, water and air.
The concept of "lightening holes" is a good example of a vintage design principle used to make structures lighter. This design has been used extensively in modern designs.
The "web" plate allows us to use the minimal amount of material to achieve the strongest and lightest base plate.
Available with an all Titanium handle or a Carbon Fiber/Titanium handle...
- Material: 100% USA sourced Titanium(6AL 4V) Safety Razor
- "TaC" (Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) DLC coating
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Designed, Made and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- ~49 grams(1.7oz) with Titanium R2 Handle
- ~31 grams(1.1oz) with Carbon Fiber/Titanium R3 Handle
- Your choice of a base plate, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- Optional stand weight: ~77 grams
- R3 Handle - The carbon fiber has multiple layers of clear marine grade epoxy. The pieces are bonded together using a specially designed epoxy. Hand sanded and finished.
- High Polish Titanium Finish, fused with a DLC coating producing a matte grey rainbow finish - Some machine marks are visible.
- Some scratches exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
*Some notes to help you pick your Base Plate:
Original Base Plate - This was our first design configuration, what makes this plate unique is the added blade exposure. It’s still my personal favorite and has a .68mm with positive blade exposure. This design offers a lot of user control with the positive blade exposure. For a milder shave, you can change the angle or “ride the cap” for sensitive parts like the neck. For other areas, you can still have a good amount of efficiency.
- Base Plate - This is our newest base plate. If you have sensitive skin, prefer less blade feel, have fine hair or just enjoy a mild shave, this is the one. Head shavers have enjoyed this one. This plate has our least blade exposure and a .71mm, our smallest blade gap.
+ Base Plate - We reduced the blade exposure from the original but increased the gap to .88mm. This is a nice option if you prefer less blade feel, yet still enjoy a higher efficiency in a razor. This plate is also a nice option if you only shave every 2-3 days...
++ Base Plate - This one is for those who like a very efficient option. This plate is still with positive blade exposure, but has less exposure than the + Base Plate. This razor has a larger 1.08mm gap. If you have thick hair and shave every 4-5 days or just like an efficient razor, this would be the one.