Reserved/Custom: Cx-Samurai (++)
* Each of our Mokume Cx razors have a unique pattern. We update the photos when one is available so you can see the pattern.
Mokume-gane is a forge welded material developed in the 17th century in Japan. It was originally used to decorate the Katana swords of the samurai. The word translates to “wood grained metal” and was called such because of the unique pattern it creates with the different layers of material that look like wood grain. Unlike Damascus steel its secret was kept alive with Japanese artisans...we have named this Cx run after the samurai and the master metal workers of Japan who first developed the material.
- Material: Mokume-Gane(Copper and brass) Safety Razor
- All 3 Parts Precision CNC Machined
- Forged, Designed, Machined and Finished in the USA
- Thin-Vintage Design Inspired from the 1940 Classic Razor
- Zero Plastic Packaging
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- R2 Handle
- 96 grams with web plate
- Your choice of a base plate level, see base plate notes below*
- Positive blade exposure
- ~92 mm handle length (3.6 inches) - 13 mm handle diameter (.5 inches)
- High Polish Finish/Heat patina - Some machine marks are visible. Some scratches also exist. These can be seen under the cap, on critical dimensions and when magnified.
* The Mokume patina is not permanent, it will evolve, age and change color depending on your local conditions. We do not coat our Mokume...