Titanium/DLC Shaving Brush - Hand Tied knot
This DLC coating is graphite (Carbon) based, it is a "TaC"(Tetrahedral Amorphous Carbon) surface finish. TaC is the hardest, strongest and slickest of the DLC platings and is considered the purest of the "Diamond-like Carbon" coatings because of its high carbon content.
We only make our products in small batches, this is our 2nd version of our shaving brush made from USA sourced titanium.
This new brush design brings a new balance point, larger knot(both diameter and loft), new ergonomic shape, larger maximum handle diameter and is about 40% lighter compared to our first generation shaving brush.
Each brush is machined, assembled and hand finished in Minneapolis, USA...our knots are custom made and hand tied in Germany by local artisans.
The handle is machined from grade 5 titanium. The shape of the handle provides a natural grip point. The balance point is centered at the natural groove of the handle shape.
Every brush handle is laser engraved with our makers mark, material and a unique serial number with the year denoted.
- Material: USA sourced Grade 5 Titanium (6AL 4V)
- Machined, Designed and Finished in the USA (Shaving brush handle)
- Custom designed, hand tied shaving knot - Made in Germany
- Synthetic fiber shaving brush knot
- Free Shipping (USA and Canada only)
- Knot and handle length: ~3.7 inches (94mm)
RK900 Knot: ~2.4" (60mm) knot height* / ~1" (26mm) Knot diameter**
- 1.2" (31mm) max. handle diameter
- ~2.4oz (67 grams)
- High Polish Titanium Finish, fused with a DLC/TaC coating producing a matte grey - Some machine marks are visible.
*Measured from the knot resin to the tips. The resin shaving brush knot rests deeper in the handle to provide additional stiffness or backbone, while still having a dense loft.
** The diameter of the shaving brush handle hole for the brush knot is 25.7mm